Aberdeen, Castle Street, Municipal Buildings And Tolbooth

Aberdeen, Castle Street, Municipal Buildings And Tolbooth

Site Name Aberdeen, Castle Street, Municipal Buildings And Tolbooth

Classification Sundial (period Unassigned), Tolbooth (17th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Aberdeen, 2 Broad Street, Old Town House; Lodge Walk; Tolboth Tower; Sheriff Courthouse; Aberdeen City Chambers; Town House; Town House Extension

Canmore ID 20154

Site Number NJ90NW 33

NGR NJ 94370 06358

Datum Osgb36 - Ngr

Council Aberdeen, City Of

Parish Aberdeen

Ordnance Survey licence number 100020548. All rights reserved.
© Copyright and database right 2018

Public Photo Contributions

The Town House and Tollbooth

Posted by Rhona Craw on the 10/03/2018

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

10/1/18- The Town House, the municipal headquarters of Aberdeen City Council. Designed by Peddie and Kinnear and built between 1868 and 1874. The building contains the Great Hall, the Sheriff Court House; the Town and County Hall. On the left is the 210 ft (64 m) West Tower and on the right the Tolbooth Museum with its tower dating from 1725.

Is this contribution inappropriate?

You need to be logged in to be the first to share a story about this place