Image shows site of White's Chemical Works. It is an overlay of a modern map (showing M74 & Glasgow Road/A730) with the "OS 25 inch Scotland 1892-1914" map.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland whose maps provide an excellent source for local history: www.maps.nls.uk/index.html
Image uploaded under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence for educational purposes only. Re-use of image must comply with NLS copyright terms.