Join the Youth Forum
Submitted by Victoria on 28-08-2015 12:17:02
Finding the time and the spare cash to volunteer is always difficult. When I decided that heritage education was for me I hunted high and low for the perfect volunteering opportunity to get the experience, training and knowledge I needed while allowing me to continue with work and my studies.
The Scotland’s Urban Past (SUP) Youth Forum offers just this opportunity. Don’t just take my word on it, here’s what being a member is all about:
- 2 in-person training sessions in locations across Scotland based on the skills you really want to learn. Improve your photography, film production, research or even learn how to be a leader!
- There will be online tutorials and podcasts – pick up skills and improve your CV from the comfort of your own home!
- Get behind the scenes access – meet the people who keep museums and historic buildings going
- Taking the lead
- With us there supporting you on – plan, get creative, market and run your own event!
- Wherever you’re based
- We reimburse travel expenses, so you can be involved from anywhere in Scotland
- Having a say in hot topics
- Be heard as a member of the SUP advisory board! How would you engage young people in their urban past? Why should we care about Scotland’s places?
- Wow potential employers
- Boost your CV, learn tips to a great interview and how to use the web to promote yourself
Wondering what the catch is? Nothing. All we ask is that you bring your enthusiasm and creativity. We want to hear what you have to say and put your ideas into practice.
We will be having our first get-together in September, with cake! Come along for a chat or why not email me with any of your questions?
Blog by Victoria Robb